Monday, August 01, 2005

New Garbage Disposal Unit


We replaced the garbage disposal unit last night. Conforming to my master plan to massively over engineer every aspect of the house, we jammed in the biggest one we could find.

Old Garbage Disposal Unit

The old one (above) has been broken for a while. We’d been holding off replacing it, because we have better things to spend money on, but its not pleasant coming home each night and having the food scraps in the garbage can smelling out the front of the house. We finally caved on the weekend and went and bought one from Home Depot.

One of my pet peeves is when you put too much stuff down one of these things and they jam up. The old one couldn’t pull the skin off custard. I don’t think that’ll be a problem with this one. It’s rated at 1hp, auto reverse with thermal cutout, and gas powered vortex waste burner.

Garbage Disposal - New


OK. I made up the bit about the waste burner. Sure would be cool though…….

1 Comments:

Blogger fhdogs said...

Hey there! New homeowner who's taking up a similar project as you. I was browsing through your blog when I caught the waste burner comment. You had me excited! Then I continued reading. :(

Thanks for the blog, I can't wait to catch up!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home